If you’ve found your way here, you most likely scanned a heart-shaped QR code on my business card. So, we know each other a bit.
Who am I?
- 🏛️ Bucharest Deputy since 2020, member of the REPER party.
- 🌏 Co-Chair of the Romanian Chapter of the Inter-Parliamentary Alliance on China (IPAC).
- 📜 Active in parliamentary commissions on Human Rights and Culture.
- 🤝 Chair of the Romanian chapter of the European Parliamentary Forum for Sexual and Reproductive Rights.
- 🍎 Involved in revamping school meal programs.
- 📚 Initiator of rural library enhancements.
- ⚖️ Advocate for gender equality and against sexual harassment.
- 🛡️ Promoter of anti-corruption laws, barring convicted criminals from public office.
- 💻 Supporter of digital rights and the digital society.
- 💼 Defender of entrepreneurship, fighting against over-taxation of small businesses. I’ve been an entrepreneur seven times longer than a politician (almost 20 years), so I understand the challenges well. I am a politician because I was an entrepreneur and represent entrepreneurs.
How can we stay in touch?
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Contact me on Whatsapp at +40723199611 (or on Signal, but there might be a 72-hour delay as I check it less frequently).
- Add me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/catalintenita/.
- Follow me on Facebook: facebook.com/catalintenita (Profile) and https://www.facebook.com/deputatcatalintenita (Page).
- Follow me on X (formerly Twitter): @catalintenita.
- Read me on Substack: https://catalintenita.substack.com/.
- Visit me for a coffee at Calea Griviței Nr.73-75 (let me know in advance).
A short presentation for media
Cătălin Teniță is a dedicated member of the Romanian Chamber of Deputies, representing Bucharest since 2020 as part of the REPER party, aligned with the RENEW Europe group. His commitment to liberal democracy and European values is a cornerstone of his political journey.
Teniță co-chairs the Romanian Chapter of the Inter-Parliamentary Alliance on China (IPAC), showcasing his proactive stance against authoritarianism, especially regarding human rights infringements. He is deeply involved in parliamentary commissions, focusing notably on Human Rights and Culture.
A pivotal aspect of his tenure includes significant initiatives in social development. He has been instrumental in overhauling school meal programs, ensuring better nutrition for students, especially in rural areas. In addition, Teniță has spearheaded efforts to enhance the infrastructure and resources of rural libraries, bridging the gap in educational resources between urban and rural communities.
His advocacy extends to gender equality and sexual harassment issues. Teniță plays a leading role in the Romanian chapter of The European Parliamentary Forum for Sexual and Reproductive Rights (EPF) and holds a board position at the European level. His efforts in these areas underscore his commitment to gender equality and safeguarding reproductive rights.
A notable legislative reform led by Teniță is the prevention of convicted criminals from holding public office. This initiative resonates with the public’s concerns, especially following the civic protests between 2017 and 2019, and it represents a significant stride towards political integrity and accountability.
Finally, Teniță is a strong advocate for digital rights and the development of a digital society, understanding the crucial role of technology in modern governance and civic engagement. His work in this area focuses on ensuring that digital advancements serve to enhance, rather than impede, human rights and equality.
Through these various initiatives, Cătălin Teniță exemplifies a commitment to improving public services, advocating for human rights, and striving for an inclusive, equitable society.
Cătălin Teniță’s role as a member of the Romanian Chamber of Deputies extends beyond his commitment to human rights and social development; it also encompasses a strong focus on entrepreneurship and the economic challenges facing small business owners.
Teniță, as part of his broader legislative efforts, has been a vocal advocate for the interests of small entrepreneurs. Understanding the backbone they form in the Romanian economy, he has actively engaged in the fight against the over-taxation of these small businesses. His efforts are aimed at creating a more equitable and supportive fiscal environment that encourages entrepreneurship and innovation, crucial for the nation’s economic health and growth.
This stance reflects a keen awareness of the challenges faced by small business owners, including bureaucratic hurdles and disproportionate tax burdens. By addressing these issues, Teniță not only supports the growth of individual entrepreneurs but also promotes a more robust and diverse economic landscape in Romania.
In summary, Cătălin Teniță’s political agenda demonstrates a comprehensive approach to governance, where human rights, social development, digital advancement, and economic sustainability through support for entrepreneurship coalesce to form a vision of a progressive and inclusive Romania.